The 5K race (adult and youth) starts at 8:00 a.m. at Valley Natural Foods (13750 County Road 11, Burnsville). All registrations are non-refundable so please be certain you want to participate before you register.
Valley Natural Foods is excited to announce that it is partnering with Early Family Childhood Services (ECFS) for the 6th Annual Run For Hope 5K! The 5th annual Run for Hope 5K was a success, raising nearly $17,000 for ECFS, making the collective total raised from 2014-2015 $32,000 for this organization. In 2016 we need your help to do this again! ECFS will use all funds raised to help educate families in our community on the importance of nutritious, healthy, local food and to help pay for new educational organization's new facility.
Established in 2011, the Run for Hope 5K is an annual community/family-based event hosted and sponsored by Valley Natural Foods. The goal of the 5K is to not only raise money through sponsors and race participants, but to bring local families and the overall community together for health, wellness and camaraderie. These are important values that reflect the mission of Valley Natural Foods. The race also echoes the co-op based value, “concern for community”, helping promote health not only for individuals, but better financial health for a local non-profit.
CREATE A TEAM
Teams can be created with a minimum of 5 people. This makes it a perfect race for companies looking for a corporate wellness challenge for their employees. When you register for team registration, you save $2.00 per race participant, so it is worth it!
- When registering on Active.com, Click the “CREATE A TEAM” button.
- Create a team name. Note: Team members register themselves after you create the team. As the team captain, you can use the team captain center to manage and invite team members.
- If you wish to create a password for all your team members to use (recommended if you want to keep your team open to only those that you want to invite), click on the box that says “Team members must enter a password in order to join". Create the password.
- You can chose to pre-pay for all of your team members at once or to invite them after you register. If you created a password, be sure to let them know this information.
- Team Description: Write something in the box that tells us something unique or interesting about your team. For example you could write that you are an all family team or that you are from out of state.
- You cannot create a team on behalf of someone else.
How to Join a Team
• When registering on Active.com, Click the "JOIN A TEAM" option.
• Type in your Team's name or search for an open team.
• Enter the password if your team is password protected.
General Adult Registration (Ages 13+)
•$24.00 until January 31
•$27.00 until March 31
•$30.00 until May 12
•$40.00 May 13– May 14
General Youth Registration (Ages 6-12)
• $15 until May 14
All registrants can have a blast too by creating their own personal running team and dressing up for our team costume contest! All teams save $2 per registration and that's not the end of it. Registrants also receive a rockin' race t-shirt and a swag bag loaded (we're not kidding!) of healthy snacks courtesy of Valley Natural Foods' vendors. This is a party you don't want to miss and not just for the free stuff. See, proceeds benefit the youth in our community through the Foundation of Early Childhood Family Services of School District 196 (Rosemount-Apple Valley Eagan). Use the AND3 promo code when you check out to save $3 on any race registration.
Event details and schedule
The Run For Hope 5K begins and ends at Valley Natural Foods located on the corner of McAndrews Rd and County Road 11 (13750 County Road 11, Burnsville, MN 55337). The 5K race starts at 8:00 a.m. This race is chip-timed. You can run or walk the 5K. There will be free family friendly activities including yoga pre and post race for all runners and walkers. Also, if registered by April 1, all runners and walkers will receive a race t-shirt in their size, a swag bag full of snacks courtesy of Valley Natural Foods' generous vendors.
All children ages 0-5 are welcome to participate in the race free of charge. However, to receive a t-shirt, race bib, or a swag bag, they must be registered for the race under the youth rate.
Due to limited parking, it is recommended that race participants find alternative forms of transportation to the race site. This includes carpooling, walking, or using the Run for Hope 5K bus service (details on this will be sent to each participant pre-race).
Race cancellation and weather policy:
Events may be delayed, shortened or in rare circumstances cancelled, due to inclement weather. This includes lightning, wind, heat, snow, or the threat of imminent severe weather that may harm or injure participants, staff, set up crew and bystanders. Event time frame includes setup, race and teardown. All possible attempts will be made to contact those involved by email, website and social media. No refunds or transfers allowed.